100% renewable targets will require power storage to manage flows on the net
Electrolysers utilise these intermittent power flows to produce H2 gas from water
H2 gas can be stored in large quantities underground and transported via existing gas pipelines
H2 vehicles recharge faster and are more durable than battery powered transport
Growing H2 demand in industrial processes will reduce costs and increase supply

An agreement was reached between the EU Parliament, Commission and Council on November 25 on the content of the new EU Fuels Directive. The Parliament and the Council have agreed on a 6% mandatory lifecycle GHG reduction target for fuel suppliers by 2020 as well as intermediate targets of 2% by 2014 and 4%  by 2017.  Greenhouse gases include CO2, methane (CH4) and nitrous oxide (N2O). Lifecycle greenhouse gases of fuels include gases emitted during exploration, refining, distribution and combustion of the fuels. Combustion  CO2  emissions  (about  85%  of current  lifecycle  emissions),  cannot  be  influenced  by  the supplier. The  law  implies  that  the  remaining 15% need  to be  cut  to  9%  –  roughly  a  40%  cut  in  non-combustion emissions. Fuel suppliers can choose how to achieve this. In the agreement the sustainability criteria for biofuels as suggested by the EU Parliament were left out as they will be included in the new EU Renewable Directive