The first call for proposals 2009 of the French Hydrogen and Fuel cell programme Hpac has been published at the site of the French National Agency for Research l’ANR. The Call is divided among three topics:
1. Hydrogen Production; 2. Hydrogen Storage; 3. Fuel Cells.
Deadline for this Call is March 30 2009, 1300 hrs.
At the Annual press conference of the German Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Association, DWV, at the Presss office of the German Parliament on Febraury 18, 2009, Peter Froeschle of Daimler AG explained that Daimler is developing battery and fuel cell vehicles to power future transport applications. He emphasized that battery and fuel cell cars will not be competing but will rather complement each other in range and capacity. Andreas Ziolek of EnergieAgentur NRW in Düsseldorf and chairman of the 26 Regions and Municpalities Partenrship, HyER (formerly HyRaMP), hosted by the EHA, presented the efforts of the regions to contribute to the EU Joint Undertaking for hydrogen and fuel cells. Joachim Wolf, DWV’s president listed 10 key requests for political action:
1. Development of a legal support framework for the effective integration of H2 as an energy carrier;
2. Intelligent and sustainable use of all energy sources;
3. A comprehensive political strategy to deploy regenerative energy;
4. Tax exemption for H2 as an energy carrier;
5. Efficient use of all primary energy sources;
6. Focus on H2 and Electricity as universal energy carriers;
7. Support for technology development;
8. Development of new energy concepts with incentives for renewable energy stored in H2;
9. Clear and broad Interministerial Energy Policy;
10. Support for H2 awareness by the general public (and politicians!)